Obesity is a global health issue that requires drastic solutions. Consumers are taking steps to manage their weight, often cutting back on some of their favorite foods; but while they are looking for healthier options, taste is still one of the most important decision factors when purchasing products.1
STA-LITE® Polydextrose is an ideal bulking agent and dietary fibre for sugar replacement and reduced-calorie formulations, offering widespread application potential and health benefits.
- Helps reduce calories by rebalancing bulk, viscosity and mouthfeel in reduced-sugar/fat products
- Allows for healthy blood glucose levels, producing a lower blood glucose rise after consumption compared to sugar-sweetened foods and beverages2
- Exhibiting prebiotic properties and a low glycaemic response, enables possible nutrition claims including ‘source of fibre’ or ‘high in fibre’
- Enables EFSA health claims for lower post prandial glycaemic response and maintaining tooth mineralisation
- Appropriate for ‘no-sugar-added’ or ‘sugar-free’ foods and beverages (dependent on use levels)